Manage episode 231578439 series 1493206
Simon and Colin are here this week to talk about the latest and greatest news in blockchain.
First up, we take a look at Blockstack Files With SEC to Raise $50 Million in Reg-A+ Crypto Token Sale. Blockstack, who aim to create the infrastructure for the decentralised internet, has announced it aims to raise $50m in a token sale that would leverage the SEC’s regulation A+ crowdfunding exemption. Colin comments that it's good that the process is being done correctly, it's right that they're doing it correctly and explains what he's learned from his recent conversations with banks (01:30).
Next we talk about Coinbase And Visa Are Making Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple's XRP And Litecoin Payments A Reality. Coinbase has teamed up with global payments processor Visa, launching the Coinbase Card which allows users to "spend crypto as effortlessly as the money in their bank." Simon remarks that we've seen this many times before, explains what costs might be baked into the card and adds that it's interesting to see the Visa logo with the card when usually it's Mastercard and Visa tend to do things at considerable scale (13:45).
We also have a great Tweet of the Week from @richatmakerdao on MakerDAO's new Stability Fee.
Other stories include:
- ING Bank experimenting with zero-knowledge proofs
- IMF and World Bank launch a ‘learning coin’ to teach staff about blockchain
- Japanese Bank Abandons Work With SBI Ripple’s ‘Money Tap’ App
All this and so much more on this week's episode of Blockchain Insider. And why not send us your best tweets? See if you can get a shout out on the show!
We hope you enjoy the show and, as ever, don't forget to subscribe!
Want to join the conversation on all the topics discussed? Tweet the show @bchaininsider and if you really love the show, please leave us a review on iTunes.
This week's episode of Blockchain Insider was produced by Laura Watkins and Petrit Berisha. Edited by Alex Woodhouse.
- Blockstack Files With SEC to Raise $50 Million in Reg-A+ Crypto Token Sale - CoinDesk
- Coinbase And Visa Are Making Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple's XRP And Litecoin Payments A Reality
- ING Bank experimenting with zero-knowledge proofs - The Block
- IMF and World Bank launch a 'learning coin' to teach staff about blockchain - The Block
- Japanese Bank Abandons Work With SBI Ripple's 'Money Tap' App - CoinDesk