Manage episode 244575937 series 1507888
Simon Taylor back this week to talk about the latest and greatest news in blockchain, Bitcoin and Crypto, and of course he is not alone but joined by some awesome guests:
- David Nicol - Head of Digital Assets R3
- Isabel Woodford - Fintech Journalist @ Sifted
Together they cover the following stories:
- Payments giants abandon Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency (01:24)
- David Marcus on Twitter (04:12)
- New Libra Fork Will Create Permissionless Stablecoin Free of Corporate control (08:46)
- SEC Halts Alleged $1.7bn Unregistered Digital Token Offering (12:44)
- SEC not convinced a ‘real’ Bitcoin Market exists, denies Bitwise Bitcoin ETF (19:38)
- CFTC Chairman Confirms Ethereum is a Commodity (24:13)
- Tether, Bitfinex Sued for creating the “Largest Bubble in History” (28:52)
The Tweet of the Week comes from @lopp about the state of today's IRS guidance! Why not send us your best tweets? See if you can get a shout out on the show! (35:07)
Check out our brand new documentary 11:YEARS - the Rise of UK Fintech now. Head over to 11years.film to watch for free, and share using #11YEARS.
If you enjoyed the show and, as ever, don't forget to subscribe and leave a review!
Want to join the conversation on all the topics discussed? Tweet the show at: www.twitter.com/bchaininsider
Special Guests: David Nicol and Isabel Woodford.
- Payments giants abandon Facebook's Libra cryptocurrency - BBC News
- New Libra Fork Will Create Permissionless Stablecoin Free of Corporate Control - CoinDesk
- SEC.gov | SEC Halts Alleged $1.7 Billion Unregistered Digital Token Offering
- US House Committee Pressuring Zuckerberg to Testify on Libra: Report - CoinDesk
- CFTC Chairman Confirms Ether Cryptocurrency Is a Commodity - CoinDesk
- Tether, Bitfinex sued for creating the “largest bubble in history” - CoinGeek
- Tweet of the week