How much Champions League win was worth to Liverpool, catching Manchester United, and what's happening with Manchester City and FFP
Manage episode 236914389 series 2280002
You don’t need reminding what a successful season it has been for Liverpool and the strides that have been made under Jurgen Klopp. But while glory on the field is what it’s all about for supporters, there’s no getting away from the fact that what a club does off the field, is vitally important in today’s game. The good news for Liverpool is they are in very good health in that respect. That is certainly underlined by the special guest of this podcast, Kieran Maguire. Kieran is one of the leading football finance experts, who lectures in the subject at the University of Liverpool, and in a wide-ranging interview with Paul Wheelock, he explains:
- Just how much Liverpool made from winning the Champions League
- How and why the Reds could soon catch and surpass Manchester United off the pitch - having already knocked their bitter rivals off their perch on it
- The latest with Manchester City and Financial Fair Play
- The job done by FSG - and what next for Liverpool's owners
- And, should he choose to do, just how much Reds boss Klopp could spend in the transfer market this summer.
Enjoy!For information regarding your data privacy, visit acast.com/privacy
719 episodes available. A new episode about every 14 hours averaging 29 mins duration .