Manage episode 189740573 series 1051719
If you are a female who is wanting to better understand dieting, caloric restriction, tapering for competition or a photo shoot, and you are ready to stop hitting plateaus, this is the podcast episode for you.
Kristy Jo interviews Peter Fitschen, PhD, to discuss the practical side of reaching Aesthetics goals in a world where many women are desiring to reach a lean, chiseled, carved look. Is it realistic? Is it maintainable? What about female hormones?
In this conversation, you will learn:
- how long it takes for hormones to reset after a competition, and how long you should wait before competing again
- when you shouldn't begin to prep for a show or photo shoot
- steady, maintainable rates of body fat loss per week
- where treats fit into competition prep vs. a healthy lifestyle
- What the difference is between "stage lean" and "gym lean"
- Whether or not you should test your body fat percentage
- . . . and other dialogue that will increase your critical thinking when it comes to body composition shifting
Find Body Buddies Online:
Find Peter Fitschen Online:
About Peter Fitschen:
Peter has a PhD in Nutritional Science from the University of Illinois. He also has a Masters in Biology with a Physiology Concentration and Bachelors in Biochemistry with a Nutrition Minor from the University of Wisconsin – La Crosse. During this time, he co-authored 17 peer-reviewed publications related to nutrition and exercise.
In addition, Peter is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA). Peter has been a competitive natural bodybuilder since 2004 and won his natural pro card in 2012. More recently he won the pro class at the 2016 NGA North East Ohio Bodybuilding Championships.
Professionally, Peter is an online fitness coach through his company FitBody and Physique LLC where he works with a wide variety of clientele from those just beginning their fitness journeys to competitive bodybuilders and powerlifters. He has also written for a variety of fitness websites and traveled for a number of invited talks on topics related to nutrition, fitness and bodybuilding.
191 episodes available. A new episode about every 11 days averaging 33 mins duration .