Manage episode 217007692 series 1051719
If you have wanted to learn how to make your own delicious dressings for salads from scratch, this is the episode for you! Chef James Barry spills the secrets from the healthy chef kitchen to help you improve your health and lifestyle!
In this interview episode you will learn:
- Why James loves to use asparagus to teach kids
- Why many chefs touted as “healthy” are actually NOT
- Why you need to drink plenty of water
- Hidden calories/sugar in dressings in the store, bad oils, and those chemicals causing havoc in our bodies
- Just because you eat a salad doesn’t make it healthy
- Use a mason jar (or any jar that has a lid) to make a 3:1 ratio
- 3 oil, 1 vinegar or lemon juice (acidic liquid) just shake it and there you are with your most basic, healthy Balsamic Vinaigrette in 3 minutes or less. You can add salt and pepper to balance the taste out and it will feel fresher and your body will receive it easier than a store-bought dressing.
- 9% of people eat the proper amount of veggies each day — most people don’t eat them because they’re gross. They never learned how to make them appetizing.
- Salad tastes better when you control the quality of the ingredients
- Sprinkle smoked salt with lemon and olive oil and it’s SO GOOD and SO SIMPLE
- 3-5 products good to keep in your home for salad dressings and salads
Get the Power Foods Lifestyle Starter Kit: Recipes, Methodology, and Starter Meal Plan here: www.PowerFoodsLifestyle.com
James Barry’s culinary career started as a private chef. His inauguration into restaurant-style cooking came later when he was the vegan/vegetarian chef on the Van’s Warped Tour, which traveled to 50 North American cities in 60 days. Upon returning to Los Angeles, James continued to private chef and had the fortune of cooking for celebrities such as Tom Cruise, Mariska Hargitay, George Clooney, Gerard Butler, Sean “Puffy” Combs, Barbra Streisand, and John Cusack.
Not wanting to limit his healthy and tasty style of cooking, James started Wholesome2Go, a healthy, high-quality food delivery company that served the Los Angeles area for 8 years. He has also worked as an assistant Food Stylist on many television shows and as a chef instructor for the Los Angeles Unified School District’s Nutrition Network program helping to introduce healthy foods and cooking to kids of all ages.
A graduate of the Natural Gourmet Institute in NYC, he continued his education by receiving certification as a Nutritional Consultant through the Global College of Natural Medicine and as a Certified Healing Foods Specialist with Immunitrition. James co-authored the recipes in Margaret Floyd’s book Eat Naked and co- authored the follow-up cookbook The Naked Foods Cookbook.
Follow on facebook @takeitalloff
Instagram and twitter @chefjamesbarry
192 episodes available. A new episode about every 11 days averaging 33 mins duration .