Manage episode 214859227 series 1526187
On today’s podcast I’m talking to Dr. Sara Smith, Certified Wellness Coach, Doctor of Physical Therapy, and Yoga Instructor, about pelvic floor health for plus size folks (and beyond). Sara and I attended yoga teacher training together and it was lovely to chat with her about this topic.
She had a lot of plus-size patients coming to her physical therapy practice saying that their doctors were blaming their pelvic floor issues on their body size. This was super frustrating to her since folks of all shapes and sizes get these extremely common issues. So we wanted to bring this fat bias in the medical community to light and discuss this important health topic.
Here’s what we’ll talk about:
- Common pelvic floor dysfunctions and why they are important
- What lifestyle or diet factors contribute to pelvic floor health (hint: stress is a big one)
- How certain foods or drinks can play a factor in pelvic floor issues (and how to mindfully observe this)
- Solutions and strategies to take control of your pelvic floor health (and how yoga can help)
- A downloadable, free recording for you - guided diaphragmatic breathing with Sara
For complete show notes and downloads, visit https://bodypositiveyoga.com/sara-smith
7 episodes available. A new episode about every 64 days averaging 49 mins duration .