Manage episode 204831749 series 2177313
10 things NOT to say to a breast cancer survivor
Going through breast cancer and breast cancer treatment can take a toll on our relationships. In addition to coping with the diagnosis it can be difficult to know how, when and how to talk about breast cancer. The truth is breast cancer is an uncomfortable topic for many people and we sometimes have to navigate a variety of reactions from other people ranging from the uninformed and insensitive to downright rude remarks.
- Identifying the casserole experience - those situations where people show up initially but often disappear in the long term.
- I talk about some of the reactions from friends I encountered going through cancer recovery
- Important ways we can take care of ourselves and protect ourselves from the insensitive remarks people make
- How to use this information to reevaluate and interactions identify whether we are taking care of ourselves in relationships
- The value of learning to say no, identifying toxic relationships, and finding support
- The importance of learning to forgive yourself in your healing journey
The podcast is dedicated to the real life issues and concerns of breast cancer and breast cancer treatment survivors.
For show notes and recordings contact Deborah at www.MindBodyNutritionRN.com for:
- free e-guide - Estrogen Blocking Medications - What You Need to Know
- Schedule a free 20 minute Integrative Health Consultation
- Sign up for the free Integrative Health Newsletter
Contact Deborah by e-mail at RadicalHealthRN@gmail.com
23 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 46 mins duration .