Manage episode 204004356 series 1518173
Mike Edmonds has been in the advertising game for 40 years, including co-founding his own agency, Meerkats. He’s just published a book called Truth. Growth. Repeat: A Business Manual for Generation Why.
It’s all about authenticity and it’s a practical guide to help brands embrace their own truth.
Here are some key take-outs:
- The consumer is now far more sophisticated and they will call you out when you’re inauthentic – what’s more, they have a platform to do it on, thanks to social media
- You need to understand your true purpose (or motive) for being in business. That can become your compass, to keep you on the right path
- People won’t buy from you just because you’re authentic, they will buy from you because of what happens when you run an authentically-driven company
- True purpose opens markets.
On My Desk
- Mike recommended the Naked Brand video
- Sarah recommended an article called Post-Authenticity and the Ironic Truths of Meme Culture
- Nic recommended a courier app called Zoom2U
- James suggested an article called What kind of person does Netflix Favourites think I am?
Brand Newsroom is a marketing podcast for anyone who has a say in how companies are communicating — covering marketing, content marketing, public relations, media, branding and advertising.