Manage episode 209460473 series 1518173
Rand Fishkin, one of the household names of content marketing and SEO, joins Sarah for a special fireside chat.
You’ll know Rand as the guy behind Moz – the SEO software for marketers. But times have changed and Rand has branched out on his own with a new company called Sparktoro. He’s written a book, called Lost and Founder.
Rand talks to Sarah about these things, Google’s plans, storytelling and marketing in 2018.
This is the first in a special series of conversations in the lead up to BNR’s 200th episode.
On My Desk
- Rand’s recommendation was Pocket
- Sarah managed to squeeze in a couple of recommendations while pretending she was making just one, so here they are: Rand’s Beginners Guide to SEO and the resources page of his website.
Links you might need
- Here’s the blog Rand wrote about leaving Moz
- Here’s his new book, Lost and Founder
- And here’s his new company, Sparktoro
- This is the news from Google they discussed
- You can find Rand on Twitter here.
Brand Newsroom is a marketing podcast for anyone who has a say in how companies are communicating — covering marketing, content marketing, public relations, media, branding and advertising.