Manage episode 217554166 series 1518173
Lush client services manager, Adriana Robbins attended 2018 Content Marketing World.
Neither James, Nic, nor Sarah made it along, so the team asked Adriana to join us for a chat about what she learned and what her key takeouts were from this year’s event.
Brand Newsroom is a marketing podcast for anyone who has a say in how companies are communicating — covering marketing, content marketing, public relations, media, branding and advertising.Show Notes
Here are some key take-outs:
- Use the curiosity gap to engage your audience (and here’s that watermelon video)
- AI is going to have a huge impact on content marketing in the very near future (but they’re not here to take our jobs)
- If you create meaningful content your audience wants, then they’re willing to listen and willing to trust. Become a resource for your audience.
On My Desk
- Nic recommended Confessions of Pitch Consultant by Eliot Epstein
- Adriana recommended The Hustle e-newsletter
- James suggested The Guardian’s podcast, We Need to Talk About, recommending an episode called “Why is positive news coverage so vital in today’s world?”
Links you might need
- Here’s a link to Content Marketing World
- And here’s Adriana’s blog post on her Content Marketing World 2018 takeouts.