Manage episode 210206579 series 56820
In this week's B-SIDES episode, we're looking at what you need to know when applying to festivals. We've got some tips from two festival organisers in here too; Darryl Hurs of Indie Week, and Nathan Fleet of the Hamilton Film Festival. Enjoy!
- We talk about the main benefits of performing at festivals and showcases
- We talk about the benefits of attending festivals and conferences as an attendee, as well as a performer
- We discuss how you can actually get in front of the festival organisers and get accepted onto the lineup
- Darryl Hurs of Indie Week talks about the festival application process
- We talk about applying for the most relevant and suitable festivals vs applying for every festival you can find
- Nathan Fleet shares what his team at the Hamilton Film Festival look for when sorting through festival applications
200 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 18 mins duration .