Manage episode 210219756 series 56820
Inspired by our interview with Tim Schmoyer, this week's B-SIDES episode is all about community, and why you should build a community around your music. Enjoy, and let us know what you think over on our YouTube channel!
- We talk about different types of online communities and the ones we use regularly
- “The strongest communities revolve not around interests, but common beliefs” - Tim Schmoyer
- We talk about how musicians can create stronger relationships with their audience by building communities around their music
- We talk about Marcio's Facebook group and how it's helped him and other fans connect with one another
- "Your personality is almost as, if not more, important than your music - because people are more likely to support you if they feel some kind of connection with you and share the same interests and values." - Ross Barber-Smith
- We discuss ways you can start building a community around what you do
- "Keep in touch with your audience and make them feel appreciated!" - Marcio Novelli
200 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 18 mins duration .