Manage episode 202864518 series 56820
In this week's B-SIDES episode, we're looking at touring, and whether with the opportunities that social media brings, if you need to tour to build an audience and have a successful career. This episode was inspired by an answer Nick Blagona gave to a question about the common traits he sees in successful artists - we'd love to know what YOU think!
- Nick Blagona shares his thoughts on why artists need to be touring
- Nick shares some examples of why touring is beneficial for artists
- “If you can find an area in the world where you’re popular on the internet, go there and do a gig in that city” - Nick Blagona
- We believe that with social media, you can still be a successful artist without going on the road
- There’s still a lot of money in touring, but it’s not the be all and end all, as you can find your audience online
- We talk about other ways that artists can make money without touring
- We talk about how it used to have to tour in order to find your audience, whereas now you can find them without touring
- “There’s no substitute for real life, human interaction, but it’s not the only way to reach and engage your audience” - Marcio Novelli
- We talk about how artists can do shorter tours, or online shows, if they can’t go on the road for months at a time
- “The magic of the world we live in today is that you can build a following online before heading out on the road” - Marcio Novelli
- Christine Infanger @ Thirty Roses
200 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 18 mins duration .