Manage episode 208225654 series 56820
This week's B-SIDES episode is all about session musicians: how you can find sessions, what you should expect when going into the studio, and also what NOT to do in a session. Enjoy!
- We talk about the importance of networking when it comes to becoming a session musician
- Build connections with record studios, as they may recommend you if artists are looking for session musicians
- We talk about creating a showcase or portfolio of your work online so people know you are available for session work
- “Make sure you advertise the fact that you are available for hire!”
- We talk about what artists need to do when hiring a session musician to make sure they are prepared for the studio
- “In the studio, be clear and direct about what you need”
- We share some experiences of sessions that have gone horribly wrong
200 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 18 mins duration .