Manage episode 216957749 series 56820
In this instalment of B-Sides, we're sharing some of the mistakes we see people making on social media, and how you can avoid making them.
- We talk about the pros and cons of using multiple platforms vs focusing your energies on just one or two
- So much of social media success comes down to trial and error and finding what works for you, as everyone is different
- "Focus on what you enjoy, and where your audience are, and you’ll be on the right track." -Ross
- "It’s called SOCIAL media for a reason!" - Ross
- "Too many people tend to just shout about upcoming releases and shows, rather than investing time in getting to know the people who follow them." -Marcio
- We talk about the importance of building two-way relationships over social media
- "If you can build connections with the people who follow you, then they’re more likely to want to support you because they like you and feel valued!" -Ross
- We talk about people not doing their research when it comes to contacting music industry professionals via social media
- "If you’re sending someone your music because you’re seeking management, it’s probably a good idea to find out if they’re involved in management FIRST!" -Ross
- "If you want to be featured on a podcast or magazine, check that they cover your genre of music, or that they accept submissions at all!" -Marcio
- "Make sure any communication you have is personal and you’re not just demanding someone does something for you" -Ross
200 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 18 mins duration .