Manage episode 212128067 series 56820
Joining us this week from Germany is Friedemann Findeisen - an award winning songwriter and producer, and founder of Holistic Songwriting, the most complete collection of commercial songwriting techniques on the web.
- On songwriting techniques and music theory: “It doesn’t help you to have a toolbox if you don’t know how to use the tools” - Friedemann Findeisen
- Friedemann shares that almost every songwriting rule has a counter argument, so you can really do anything in songwriting
- “There are no rules in songwriting - it depends on the effect you want to achieve” - Friedemann Findeisen
- We talk about using classical music theory as an analytical tool rather than a creative tool
- Friedemann shares some common mistakes he sees songwriters making in their careers
- We hear what holistic songwriting means to Friedemann, and how taking the holistic approach can benefit songwriters
- Website: holistic-songwriting.com
- YouTube: Holistic Songwriting
- Twitter: @holisticsongs
- Facebook: /holisticsongwriting
200 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 18 mins duration .