Manage episode 211894658 series 2321361
A brief introductory study of politics and the Bahá'í Writings. This Deepening explores concepts in the Bahá’í Faith related to politics: Baha'u'llah's injunction against Baha'is interfering in secular and partisan politics of any form. We explore how the Bahá’í Faith is political in the original sense of the term: a science of governance, or the organization of society. The Bahá’í Faith offers, as an example, a way of governing the social order - locally, nationally, and internationally - that is dependent upon the free choice of the individual. The Kingdom of God on earth.
- 0:38 Intro
- 4:54 Non Political - How Far Does this Go? What are the Consequences?
- 12:16 The Unity Principle
- 28:02 No Political Vision in Line with the Baha'i Faith
- 35:02 Unable to be Swayed
- 42:59 Our Focus - The Why
- 52:48 Our Focus - The What
- 1:03:56 Our Focus - The Why
- 1:11:12 Wolf in Sheep's Clothing - Meaning of "Political"
- 1:16:43 A Global Faith
- 1:20:26 Government of Baha'u'llah
- 1:28:34 An Uncomfortable Term - "Theocracy"
- 1:36:25 Secular Constitutions and the Legitimacy Problem
- 1:48:57 Sociopolitical Issues - How We Can Engage
- 1:57:47 Genuine Concerns - Baha'i Commonwealth and Minority Rights
- 2:09:10 Conclusion and Climax
Download MP3 and PDF here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JHUZmVd341pDgxS1RWp73ASeXiDSripQ
Official Bahá'í website
Ambient music: “Celtic Music | Ancient Forest | Celtic Lute & Guitar Music” by Soul Candle
#bahai #bahaullah #abdulbaha #bab #scienceandreligion #religion #faith #unity #knowledge #interfaith #religiousstudies #philosophy #god #unity #religion #war #religiouswar #division #conflict #disunity #arguments #investigation #unbiased #search #truth
20 episodes available. A new episode about every 17 days averaging 86 mins duration .