Manage episode 296186744 series 1315556
If you’re like me, you’ve put a lot of time and energy into building your business. But do you know if your business is protected legally? Protecting your business through contracts between you and your clients is as important as the actual work you do, especially when you are just starting out. It can be challenging to know where to start and what steps to take first.
Contracts are one of the most important legal documents in a business. They protect both parties with terms and conditions, and create expectations for how each party will behave. When you sign a contract with another company or individual, you're agreeing to abide by the specific set of rules outlined in that contract.
I’m so excited to share our guest Rob Schenk, founder of Wedding Industry Law. Rob is an attorney representing wedding and event industry professionals. He is sharing with us all about how to navigate the legal waters of business, what types of contracts are common in an entrepreneurial and event setting, why they're necessary, and how to use them effectively.
- Recommendations to address Covid cancellations in 2021?
- Tips on keeping retainer money if client cancels for non-covid reasons?
- Why you need permission to use the principal photographer's photos for your own marketing
- Your contract can protect your money from Covid cancellations
- Your contract can protect your money from clients getting cold feet
- Your contract should address photography if you plan to use photos