Manage episode 217977212 series 2394901
Your Startup is your baby! It’s hurts to find out that the customers you’re targeting don’t really feel it the way you hoped they would. My guest, Daniel Abaraoha shares his experience reading market signals in the ethical apparel niche and explaining how he planned his pivot.Subscribe: Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart Voices of Black Business Show Notes
**Click any timestamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.Today’s Voices of Black Business: How to identify if your startup needs to pivot. Daniel’s #1 Piece of Advice: Hold Black Businesses Accountable. We are just as much a part of the economy as every other business. We need your feedback...we need your help to continue to get better and stronger.
- [03:10] Interview begins.
- [06:45] Daniel’s first signal to take a step back and regroup. Casa Libre shuts down.
- [08:30] Vita’s clarified mission and market position
- [12:00] Daniel’s plan to pivot Vita Shoes to speak directly to his target consumers.
- [13:20] Doing market research; connecting with retail store fashion buyers
- [16:30] Reading the market signals and planning the pivot.
- [22:30] To pivot, you have to keep one foot planted. Your startup can shift direction without completely abandoning its original
- [30:30] The challenge of getting your target customers excited and engaged with your brand.
- [36:00] La Vita e Bella Drive 2018 - Campaign for Hope
- October 1-31, $10 of Each Purchase goes to Dallas Hope Lodge Project
- Learn more and Buy Your Vita Shoes at http://vitashoesco.com.
- Buy Black Podcast Listeners use the code “BUYBLACK” to take 10% off your purchase
- [45:30] Daniel’s favorite tool is Boomerang...a Gmail scheduling plugin
- Mailchimp saves him time and energy sending emails to his previous customers
- How to Register a New Business in Your State
- Black Business Directories…Directory!
- 200+ Business Building Resource Websites Link Library
- Productivity Apps for Entrepreneurs
- Download the Buy Black Podcast App: iPhone/iPad | Android
- Join our Facebook Group: Buy Black Podcast Community
- Follow me @buyblackpodcast : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- Send Feedback to: email@example.com
- Apply to be featured on the show: https://buyblackpodcast.com/podcast-guest
- Want to become a show sponsor?
86 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 63 mins duration .