Manage episode 179784575 series 1124117
Special Thursday Evening Edition; Andrew and Marty discuss the Ontario budget and bash Toronto.Episode 77 Show Notes Intro
Hello to all you patriots out there in podcast land and welcome to Episode 77 of Canadian Patriot Podcast, the number one podcast in Canada. Recorded Thursday May 18, 2017.
Marty - Hunter and Sport Shooter in rural Southern Ontario.
I’m your host Andrew - I’m a recovering libertarian, competitive shooter, and firearms instructor at Ragnarok Tactical
We’d love to hear your feedback about the show. Please visit canadianpatriotpodcast.com/feedback/ or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The edited version of the show is Available on Stitcher at and iTunes http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=77508&refid=stpr and iTunes at https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/canadian-patriot-podcast/id1067964521?mt=2
We need your help! To support the show visit https://www.patreon.com/cpp and become a patreon. You can get the uncensored audio version of the show for just $1 per episode. The more you pledge the better the rewards are.What Are We Drinking
Andrew - Crown Royal MapleMarty - Coke Zero and Crown MapleOntario Budget
290 pages of BS
Ontario budget: Free drug plan for people under 25, more child care spaces
Progressive Conservative Leader Patrick Brown said the budget is not, in fact, structurally balanced, because of one-time asset sale money -- such as the sale of shares of Hydro One -- and accounting "tricks," such as counting public pension surpluses as assets, against the advice of the province's Auditor general.
The Liberals had promised no new taxes on families, though they are increasing tobacco taxes by $10 per carton over the next three years and giving municipalities the power to introduce a hotel tax.
Get ready for a fake budget balance from Wynne Liberals
Rundown of the promises
- Pharmacare: 4 million children up to age 24 will be covered for prescription drugs
- Tobacco tax rates: up by $10 per carton over the next three years, beginning with immediate hike of $2 effective midnight Friday
- Full-day kindergarten: classes to be capped at 30 by 2017-18 and then 29 by 2018-19
- OSAP: Graduates can begin repaying their loans after they start earning $35,000 a year, up from $25,000, starting in 2018.
- 2 new hospitals in Windsor and Niagara, renovations to Hamilton and Mississauga facilities.
- Abortion pill: Mifegymiso will now be publicly funded
- Hotel tax: The government will amend legislation to give municipalities the ability to bring in a hotel tax
- Ontario Seniors' Public Transit Tax Credit: Starting July 1, all Ontarians aged 65 and over will be eligible for a refundable benefit of 15 per cent, for an average annual benefit of $130
- Affordable housing: The province will allocate some of its unused lands, worth between $75 million and $100 million, for the development of 2,000 new housing units in Toronto
- Career planning: A new pledge of $190 million over three years for Career Kick-Start program, where high school and post-secondary students can access co-op programs and other training to better prepare them for the workforce
- Daycare: A pledge to open 100,000 new child-care spaces with a quarter of those spots set to open this year
- Rent control: Eliminating the 1991 'loophole' and extending rent control to all rental units in Ontario, in addition to other measures to help protect tenants and keep costs affordable
- Foreign buyers tax: Introducing a 15 per cent Non-Resident Speculation Tax (NRST) in an effort to make housing more affordable
- Basic income: A plan to study basic income, with pilot projects in Hamilton, Lindsay and Thunder Bay
- Free tuition for 210,000+ postsecondary students
- A proposed 25% cut to household electricity bills on average.
- Empowering women and girlsDeveloping a strategy for women’s economic empowerment and the Walking Together Strategy — so women and girls have equal access to economic and social opportunities.
Visit us at www.canadianpatriotpodcast.com
like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com\canadianpatriotpodcast
and remember “You are the True North Strong and Free”
Music used under Creative Commons licenses
The last ones by Jahzzar http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Jahzzar/Smoke_Factory/The_last_ones
Epic by Bensound http://www.bensound.com/royalty-free-music/track/epic
125 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 71 mins duration .