Manage episode 240308966 series 2390451
Complainers / whiners
- Don't fuel the fire
- End conversations to get to it
- Re-direct the conversation, get back on track
- Is there a root cause you could solve for?
- Come to Jesus conversation, is this the right role?
- Ask the whiner what their solutions would be
- Spin to a positive
- Call them out
- Sell them on the opportunity
- Set expectations
- See if they have voiced the concerns to their leader
- Let them know you heard them
- Can you find common ground with non work topics?
- If its impacting you, be honest about it
- Add positive, uplifting people to your day
- Ask if they are looking for input / advice / guidance
- Set clear expectations
- Set regular check ins / status updates
- Offer to help with any roadblocks / questions
- Share how their work impacts you / the team
- Their lack of work is not your responsibility
- You don't need to cover for them all the time
- Be honest and blunt
- Have a candid conversation with leadership
- Focus and prioritize / stay the course
- Don't let it get you down, stay positive and motivated
- Use them as a don't lesson
- This is not an opportunity to pick up bad habits
- Don't become a complainer about your slacker
- Limit your yes's to work that doesn't involve that person
- Ask yourself, does this impact me? For real?
- Is this person ok?
- Their work does not become your work
- Could be an opportunity to shine
To support the show:
For show notes go to:
To work together:
For the Google Survey:
Go be your amazing self today!!!--- This episode is sponsored by · Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app --- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/careertalk/message Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/careertalk/support