Manage episode 218214203 series 2421188
Welcome to the 11th episode of The Career Warrior Podcast (formerly The Let’s Eat, Grandma Job Seeker’s Podcast)! This is an episode about age discrimination and its implications within your job search.
You’re going to learn about age discrimination, why people do it, and the action steps you can take in your job search to deal with it.
We will address the following questions:
- Does age discrimination exist in the job search? If so, how bad is it?
- What are the legal implications of age discrimination in the United States?
- Why do people discriminate based on age?
- What are some action steps that an older job seeker can take to apply for positions?
Resources Mentioned in the Podcast Episode:
- Full Article from Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Economic Letter: https://www.frbsf.org/economic-research/publications/economic-letter/2017/february/age-discrimination-and-hiring-older-workers/
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act: https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/statutes/adea.cfm
- BLS Statistics https://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/statistics/enforcement/adea.cfm
- What to do if fired because of age discrimination: https://www.businessinsider.com/what-to-do-if-you-were-fired-because-of-age-discrimination-2018-9
- How to avoid age discrimination (for hiring managers): http://www.workplaceanswers.com/resources/blog/avoid-workplace-age-discrimination/
- Purchase Disrupted on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Disrupted-My-Misadventure-Start-Up-Bubble/dp/0316306096
38 episodes available. A new episode about every 26 days averaging 28 mins duration .