#13) Rejection, Disappointment, and Depression | When Your Job Search Goes Dark | Austin Therapist, Emily Griffiths
Manage episode 219404099 series 2421188
We are going to talk about rejection, disappointment, depression, anxiety, confidence, and all the things that may creep up in your job search. It all revolves around one thing: MENTAL HEALTH. We interviewed Emily Griffiths, a fantastic licensed therapist here in Austin. Emily is a mentor at Capital Factory, the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas, where she helps CEOs and co-founders of startups.
Here are some sample questions we cover in this episode:
Arming up for your job search.
- Creating healthy habits: How can we remain proactive with our health so that we don't fall into the deep pits of job seeker darkness?
- Why does rejection hurt so much?
- What's a healthy way to deal with rejection so it doesn't eat job seekers alive?
- What is confidence in this context, and why is it so important?
- If you are slowly losing your mojo/confidence in your job search, how should someone overcome these negative thought patterns?
Anxiety & Depression
- Uncertainty is a major part of the job search (and entrepreneurship). What are ways to ground yourself and eliminate anxiety?
- What are recommended action steps for those depressed in their job search?
- Finances are often a major cause of pain for many. How does money influence mental health?
- How can loved ones be supportive during someone else’s job search?
Connecting with Emily: If you would like to find out more about Emily and her private practice, please visit her website at http://emilygriffithstherapy.com/
39 episodes available. A new episode about every 25 days averaging 28 mins duration .