Manage episode 220133048 series 2421188
Welcome to Episode #15: Listen to this episode when you feel rejected.
- You may have applied for a job that you were really interested in -- and got turned down because someone thought you were unqualified.
- You may have applied to 100 jobs—and not gotten one call back.
- You may have gotten passed up on a promotion.
The goal of this episode is to lift you out of a rejected state -- and get you in a place where you can continue fighting for your purpose.
Preview of Core Concepts of Understanding Rejection:
- Everybody goes through it—even some of the greatest people in our history. (Henry Ford, Michael Jordan, Albert Einstein, J.K. Rowling)
- Understand what you are feeling and why you are feeling it. (There is a science behind acknowledging your emotion: research has shown that when you identify what core emotion you are feeling, then it instantly becomes more manageable).
- Remember that your core identity (who you really are) goes way beyond these external things.
What to do now.
- Keep going: case and point. Remember that the results-oriented things in life (your success) is a numbers game.
- Find a group of people trying to achieve the same thing that you are. Relate to them.
- When you feel rejected, label your emotion, and remind yourself of your core identity -- and why you're going to keep going.
39 episodes available. A new episode about every 25 days averaging 28 mins duration .