#16) How to Build a Winning Networking Strategy | LinkedIn, Events, and Building Authentic Human Connections | Al Robinette
Manage episode 220843314 series 2421188
It's time for the networking episode! We are going to talk about how you can build a winning networking strategy in your job search.
According to a 3,000 person study by Lou Adler and LinkedIn, 85% of critical jobs were filled by networking of some sort. And often before jobs were posted, they were already filled internally or through a referral.
Guys this is a mind blowing statistic and should really speak to why you need to up your networking game right now.
This episode we are going straight to the horse’s mouth and going to speak with the networking master himself – Al Robinette, who is a respected career coach here in Texas who has been through it all.
- We are going to talk about the role LinkedIn should have in your networking game.
- We are going to talk about how to start building those connections.
- And we are going to talk about some good sources in which you can start to find the right people to funnel into your life.
What we cover:
- Why is networking so important?
- Let’s talk about LINKEDIN! How do you use LinkedIn to complement your networking efforts?
- Why is it important that people should be networking not only during the times that they need it?
- What are some ways that most people can be more effective at networking?
- What are some events that job seekers should have on their radar to lead them to their job?
- How much time should be devoted to networking vs. applying online to job postings via Indeed, Zip Recruiter, etc.?
- What preparation (if any) should be done prior to a networking event? Is there a helpful mindset for you to be in?
- Is there homework to be done after a networking event?
- What are some helpful tips for folks who are predisposed to not want to network (either shy or introverted).
- What do you think is the biggest mistake a job seeker can make who is trying to build a network any why?
Find out more about Al Robinette and how you can get more guidance in your career by following his website: https://www.careerpathcd.com/
64 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 27 mins duration .