Manage episode 224068204 series 2421188
Today, we are going to talk about how you can break into a career in coding! (Maybe you’re not even sure if this industry is right for you, and you need help making that decision. If so, this episode is perfect for you).
Let's Eat, Grandma interviewed Matt Landers, the CEO of Covalence, a top-notch online coding bootcamp. Matt began his career in coding with a 10 year run at Microsoft in various tech positions. After Microsoft, Matt left to start his own company called Platypi --and eventually in 2015, Matt founded Covalence to help other people launch their coding careers.
Matt has an amazing career in this field, and you are going to hear from him on how to get there in your careers.
- Who is someone who should be in tech? Who is someone who should not be in tech?
- How do you take that first step in learning how to code? What’s the best way to learn how to code?
- Let’s be realistic: how long will it take for me to have a foundational understanding of coding so I can land a job?
- What are the best programming languages to learn for 2019 and beyond? Are there any programming languages that you think will be relevant for a long time?
- What is the biggest mistake someone can make when they are just starting out in their coding careers? What are some mistakes you spot in beginner programmers?
- I need to get a job. What should be the first step I take? We will dive in here and see what we come up with as we flow.
If you are interested in learning how to code, I highly recommend you check out Matt's online coding boot camp. For more info, head to Covalence.io
39 episodes available. A new episode about every 25 days averaging 28 mins duration .