Manage episode 224771136 series 2421188
Until 2/15: Get the CAREER WARRIOR APP for free here: https://mailchi.mp/letseatgrandma/careerwarriorappsignup
Welcome to the 25th episode of the Let’s Eat, Grandma Career Warrior Podcast! Today we are going to show you how you can communicate more efficiently in your career.
But first, let me ask you this: How long does it take for you to send out messages? Maybe you just met 10 people at a networking event and the idea of following up with them sounds daunting.
Truth is, writing is more important than ever in the workplace. Knowledge workers spend all day writing: email messages, user stories, blog posts...And traditional education systems typically don’t do a great job teaching us how to write for the workplace.
- But how do you message that CEO you just met to build a relationship that may lead to your dream gig?
- How do you craft a cover letter for a job application that is personal, specific to the position, and concise?
- How can you be more efficient completing online applications to scale your outbound efforts?
- As importantly, how do you do get all this writing done efficiently?
By the end of this episode, you will have the opportunity to save HOURS of your job search or at work. Because, we are going to motivate you and show you how you can be more efficient. And at the end of this episode, we are going to show you how you can get a special tool which can cut your wasted time in half.
Andrew McCann is the Founder of 11Trees, a company dedicated to great helping people scale engagement through great writing.
Andrew taught writing and engineering design at Drexel University for 10 years -- and realized how much time was wasted on writing comments for his students. He personally developed an application that would cut down the amount of time typing these things and allowed himself and many others to give more personal feedback, while cutting down the time it took.
According to Andrew, he is a “code whisperer, client earner, support guru, and overall strategist”
So stop wasting time with your messages and get personal.
Questions we cover:
- Who’s Andrew McCann? Any exciting, funny, or awkward stories you can recall from your Drexel or GE life?
- What gave Andrew the idea to develop 11trees?
- Why do we spend so much time typing messages to people?
- Is it all really productive?
- How personal do we really need to get in our messages?
- What should a good reachout message look like for someone?
- What are all the different ways the Career Warrior App can be used? Who should be using it?
- How much time we can we actually save here?
- How can I most effectively use the Career Warrior Apps to boost workplace productivity while saving time?
- Until 2/15: Get the CAREER WARRIOR APP for free here: https://mailchi.mp/letseatgrandma/careerwarriorappsignup
- Connect with Andrew on LinkedIn here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrewjmccann/
62 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 27 mins duration .