Manage episode 231146213 series 2421188
This is another Just-Ask-Chris minisode where I try and answer a commonly asked job seeker question in under 10 minutes! Today, we discuss what experience you should remove from your resume.
Core concepts in the podcast episode:
- The resume as a marketing piece vs. the all encompassing document.
- Look to the job postings! This is golden rule #1 because you'll have no direction whatsoever.
- Why you should cut out fluff and where to start looking.
- Your summary probably sucks.
- Favor accomplishments over experiences. It's okay to talk about descriptions but do be specific and not vague. Show context.
- Start looking at older experiences with suspicion...if you're going to include stuff, keep it super short (AND MAKE SURE IT'S relevant in the first place).
Blog: How to write a great summary statement: https://medium.com/@Resume_Doctor/resumes-creating-a-summary-statement-that-wins-interviews-5626843ef224
Podcast Episode: How long should your resume be?: https://shows.pippa.io/job-seekers-podcast/episodes/9-how-long-should-your-resume-be-just-ask-chris-minisode-1