Manage episode 233900766 series 2421188
We are going to discuss entrepreneurship -- and specifically the idea of quitting your job to start your own business.
- Maybe the idea of starting your own business excites you.
- Maybe you’re about to make that leap of faith right now.
- Maybe you’ve been in it for a while, and you’re not sure if you should keep going.
Today, we’re going to discuss some of the best considerations for anyone who wants to call this journey their own. We’re going to talk about what entrepreneurship is really like, who it’s wrong for, and if you stick around until the end...you’re going to hear some great stories, including some highs and lows in pursuing this journey for the last 5 years.
I brought on Michael Testa, a friend of mine who is similar to me in many ways. Michael quit his high-paying job to pursue his dream of starting his own business. His background previously included leading technology initiatives for various Fortune 500 companies. He now works alongside me at Capital Factory, the tech hub for entrepreneurs, where he’s been putting in hustle to launch Eat Cheap, which is building the biggest library of food and drink deals in the nation.
The Entrepreneur’s Journey: Here's what we cover:
- Who is entrepreneurship right for and who is it wrong for?
- What did you give up when you decide to start your own business? What do you feel like you get in return for choosing this path?
- Let’s talk about what people will think about you when you choose this path.
- Both Michael and I answer: what has been the highest high, and what has been the lowest low of our journey so far?
- Work life balance : still relevant? If so, what’s that look like?
Resources mentioned in the show:
47 episodes available. A new episode about every 22 days averaging 29 mins duration .