Manage episode 229195253 series 2421188
Welcome to the 34th episode of the Let's Eat, Grandma Career Warrior Podcast -- where our goal is not only to help you land your dream job but also to help you become the best professional you can be!
Today we are going to talk about 5 things that you should remove from your resume!
Instead of making these mistakes, focus on what can HELP you in your job search. For example, you should do the following.
- Include your city/state in a tactful way.
- Use your LinkedIn recommendations to make you look impressive for recruiters.
- Write yourself a summary statement that is targeted and showcases value.
- Get targeted in the bullet point content you write under your professional experiences.
- Keep it SIMPLE with your design and layout.
- How NOT to ask for recommendations on LinkedIn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OupwwF1NCE
- Things they tell you NOT to put in your resume but you really should: https://www.letseatgrandma.com/blog/things-they-tell-you-not-to-put-on-your-resume-but-you-really-should/
- How to write a solid summary on LinkedIn: https://www.letseatgrandma.com/blog/how-to-write-a-good-linkedin-summary/
- How to write a great resume summary: https://medium.com/@Resume_Doctor/resumes-creating-a-summary-statement-that-wins-interviews-5626843ef224
39 episodes available. A new episode about every 25 days averaging 28 mins duration .