Manage episode 286908830 series 2792665
Nurses are a critical part of healthcare and make up the largest part of healthcare practitioners, but the nursing profession continues to face shortages due to a lack of educators, high turnover rates, and inequitable workforce distribution. Today’s guest is Dave Soltau, who believes that we need to incentivize people to help grow and nurture nurses in a positive way. Dave is a Registered Nurse and the Founder and CEO of Advanced Clinical Associates and ACA Wellness Institute, based out of Scottsdale, Arizona. He is also known as DaveTheNurse, a nurse entrepreneur that inspires, educates, and guides nurses and new entrepreneurs. As an experienced clinical nurse, military-trained Captain in the Army Nurse Corps, and a serial entrepreneur, Dave has an amazing story and fantastic advice to share. In this episode, he talks about the beauty of the entrepreneurial spark and the importance of hustling hard, finding ways to make things happen, and setting realistic goals and keep leveling up to avoid complacency. He emphasizes the significance of continually learning and striving to be better, staying positive, and surrounding yourself with good people, ultimately making the most out of life. Tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- If Dave could choose one superpower, he explains why he would want to see into the future.
- Hear a bit more about Dave’s background and why he chose to become a nurse.
- Fake it until you make it: how Dave advanced his clinical practice using business savvy.
- The entrepreneurial spark that helped Dave to kickstart his business was ignited as early as elementary school.
- What Dave’s future vision for home care is and how he hopes to accomplish it.
- A day in the life of a home care nurse and their duties, from medication to wound vacs.
- The value of hustling hard and figuring out the strategies to win.
- What a day in Dave’s life looks like as a business owner, from troubleshooting to promotion.
- How Dave’s goal-oriented mentality has driven his life and his career, taking the right people with him along the way.
- Being an ER charge nurse gave Dave the opportunity to gain sound clinical experience.
- Advice Dave would give his younger self: learn everything you can, surround yourself with great people, don’t get caught up in the nonsense.
- What Dave loves most about his current role, including making a difference in his community.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Advanced Clinical Associates
University of Kentucky
Dave The Nurse
Dave Soltau on Twitter
Dave Soltau on LinkedIn
Dave Soltau Email
Dave Soltau on Instagram
Dave Soltau on YouTube