Manage episode 227360546 series 2424349
Dr. Brianna Stubbs (@BriannaStubbs) has a PhD in ketone metabolism from the University of Oxford and is the research lead at HVMN, a ketone ester drink and nootropics company in San Francisco. Brianna is also world-champion rower who won two gold medals for Great Britain in the lightweight women's double and quadruple sculls, as well as winning the Oxford-Cambridge boat race twice. She's the youngest person to row across the English channel at age 12.
Dr. Brianna and I discuss the following:
- Her background and what led her to study ketone metabolism
- Her athletic achievements & how they tie in
- Her work with athletes today
- How ketones can impact athletic performance
- How ketogenic benefits vary by sports
- Ketone effects on health and cognition
- Where Brianna sees the world of ketones and the keto diet headed
- Who should be worried about ketones vs. not
- Carnivore diet and ketones
- What Brianna's diet and exercise regime look like today
- Her role at HVMN
- Her goals going forward
Where to find out more about Dr. Brianna and follow her:
What questions would you like answered or who would you like to hear from in the carnivore or research community?Let me know on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. You can also email me at email@example.com.
48 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 53 mins duration .