Manage episode 219365086 series 2424349
Siobhan Huggins (@Siobhan_Huggins) is an outstanding citizen scientist who breaks down interesting problems and synthesizes the latest science. She has done extensive work into how lipids impact the immune system and chronic diseases. Siobhan has lost ~80 pounds on keto/carnivore, reversed hypertension, and normalized her blood sugars. She currently collaborates with Dave Feldman, a fellow citizen scientist and self-experimenter famous for his work in exposing myths about cholesterol and explaining the deep science behind it.
Siobhan and I dive into:
- Her health story and changes from going to keto then carnivore
- Carnivore experiments and the effects on cholesterol (Lp(a))
- Common lipid profiles from carnivores who come to cholesterolcode
- Why no cholesterol blood value should be taken in isolation
- Her work with Dave Feldman
- Lipid and the immune system and antioxidants
- Healing her cat with carnivore
- And much more!
What questions would you like answered or who would you like to hear from in the carnivore or research community?
52 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 54 mins duration .