Manage episode 221823892 series 2424349
Danny Vega (@KetoCounterCulture / FatFueledFamily) is an expert in strength, conditioning, and performance, and how to apply nutrition to optimize all of these. I’ve been following Danny for years and I would describe him as a jacked, wise, considerate, and generous philosopher-king of keto. Danny has an MS in Human Performance from the University of Florida. His passions include ketogenic and carnivore dieting, strength and conditioning, stoicism, libertarianism, and of course, raising his sons Dean and Desmond in a holistic way with his equally amazing wife Maura.
Danny and I dive into:
- How he got into keto and sharing his story through social media
- Keto for strength training vs. endurance
- Moving from keto to carnivore and back
- Flexibility around adding small amounts of carbs for performance
- Keto/carnivore for body composition and hypertrophy training
- His daily diet
- Keto/low carb for kids
- Fat vs. protein
- The value of experimenting vs. consistency
- Loving what you do and leaving your day job
- And much more!
Check out the HVMN podcast for more on keto and performance, as well as their recent series on carnivore!
Where to find Danny:
- Ketocounterculture instagram
- Fat Fueled Kids instagram
- Fat Fueled Family site
- Fat Fueled Family podcast
- Ketogenic Athlete podcast
- Fat Fueled Family youtube
- Fat Fueled Family facebook
What questions would you like answered or who would you like to hear from in the carnivore or research community?Let me know on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. You can also email me at email@example.com.
52 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 54 mins duration .