Manage episode 228865869 series 2424349
Mark Smelly Bell (@MarkSmellyBell) is the meathead millionaire who has leveraged a successful powerlifting career into a multi-million dollar business empire. You may know him from his brother's movie (Chris Bell), Bigger Faster Stronger. Mark is the mind behind the War on Carbs, the creator of the Slingshot and other weightlifting gear and apparel, he owns and operates the Super Training Gym, dubbed “The Strongest Gym In The West” and largest free gym in the world, and is the host of the Power Project Podcast. Mark has recently undertaken a carnivore diet for the month of January.
Mark and I discuss the following:
- What got him started in strength training and what's kept him in it
- How his mission has evolved
- Why he tried carnivore and what he learned
- Thoughts on carnivore vs. carbs and how it depends on context and goals
- How carbs can augment performance
- Counting calories and bodybuilding / body recomp
- Mark's advice for weight loss
- Other practices that have helped him improve your overall health such as mouth taping
Where to find out more about Mark:
What questions would you like answered or who would you like to hear from in the carnivore or research community?Let me know on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. You can also email me at email@example.com.
66 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 54 mins duration .