Manage episode 238240299 series 1272423
This week on Scott Ingram rejoins us on the Catalyst Sale Podcast to talk about community, networking, learning, and an event he has coming up in October in Austin.
The Sales Success Summit will be held on October 14th and 15th in Austin. It is a curated list of experts who are the top performers in sales.Questions Addressed
- Why is it important to surround yourself with good people?
- How can I start building my own personal network?
- Why is Sales a dirty word?
- What was the catalyst for the Sales Success Summit?
- What are some of the core things Scott looks for when inviting speakers to the event?
- Leverage the experience of others
- If you have applied yourself, and become an expert, it's gratifying to be able to give back and share that experience.
- Sharing provides a looping process to continue learning.
- You are not only taping that broader experience that they have, you are also tapping experience and insight that they have about you.
- "The Let's Figure It Out" approach is better than the "My Way"
- The challenging process can help inspire thought
- Questions provoke thought
- It comes down to ownership - If I come up with the answer, I own the process, I own the solution, it was my idea.
- If you are a seller - you need to get into the communities of your buyers.
- Bring in the right expertise and resources from within your organization
- Build Your Network
- Every week - have lunch or coffee with one new person outside of the sales organization - build your internal network
- Go find the number 1 person on the team - learn from them.
- Look outside of your sales team and look to other sales pros. Find complementary sellers.
- When you bring in others from within your organization to the sales discussion, you can leverage their experience to ask better questions.
- It's one thing to interview a top performer, it's another thing to hear one top performer ask another top performer a question.
- The summit is not your traditional conference - it is held in a full-service movie theater in Austin, it is an experience.
- Day 1 - Process
- Day 2 - Mindset & Managing Your Sales Career
- There are many opportunities to connect with speakers in an intentional way.
- We are all in this together - we can learn from others by leveraging their expertise.
- The more that you invest in your own development - the better.
- Do the Work - It's one thing to listen, another to learn, another to put it into practice.
Let Scott and I know what tip discussed you are putting into practice.Thank You
Thank you for rating and reviewing the podcast via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast platform. Ratings & reviews help others discover the podcast - thank you for helping us get our message out to the community.
Subscribe to the Catalyst Sale Podcast
In every business, in every opportunity, there is someone who can help you navigate the internal challenges and close the deal. There is a Catalyst. We integrate process (Catalyst Sale Process), technology and people, with the purpose of accelerating revenue. Our thoughtful approach minimizes false starts that are common in emerging markets and high-growth environments. We continue to evolve our practice based on customer needs and emerging technology. We care about a thinking process that enables results versus a process that tells people what to do.
156 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 29 mins duration .