Manage episode 242233321 series 1272423
This week Paul Klein joins me on the podcast to discuss pricing, time, value, and making the transition from W2 to K1.
Paul is the host of the Pricing is Positioning podcast, a Keynote speaker, and business consultant.
Thanks Paul for the awesome discussion.Questions:
- What does the transition from W2 to K1 typically look like?
- How do you think about productizing services?
- Why do we fall into the hourly rate trap?
- If value is subjective, how can that help or hurt us?
- What are some common misperceptions around pricing when moving from W2 to K1?
- Why do we over complicate the process?
- Most people undervalue their services, their expertise
- The first sale is to yourself
- Recognize that there is value in what you do
- You can’t serve every client in every vertical
- Make it easy for customers to do business with you
- Give your customers three (3) choices when it comes to pricing - the sweet spot
- At the end of the day, it’s about the value to the client
- Value is very subjective
- People buy outcomes, not time
- Every brand should have a product ladder
- Leverage your expertise to build out your design
- Not all customers are created equally, not all services are created equally
Thank you for rating and reviewing the podcast via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast platform. Ratings & reviews help others discover the podcast - thank you for helping us get our message out to the community.
Are you looking for a way to improve your capability in sales, and grow your business?
Would you like a framework, methods, approach, and tools that can help you put the concepts discussed on the podcast, into practice?
This course is designed for you.
We will apply the Revenue Operations Framework (Know your Customer, Know your Business, Know your Approach) and the foundational Sales Skills (Gathering Data, Story, Time Management, Project Management), to help you design your playbook, and start executing.