Manage episode 178057725 series 1423445
Brad Fitzpatrick joined the show to talk about becoming the face of open source Go, getting the community involved in bug triage, the potential future of Go, and other interesting Go projects and news.
- Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $5/mo. Use the code
changelog2017to get 4 months free!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
- Toptal – Hire the best freelance developers and designers with Toptal. Email
firstname.lastname@example.org a personal introduction.
- Datadog – Datadog brings you visibility into every part of your infrastructure, plus APM that integrates deeply with Go libraries for monitoring your applications' performance. With support for Gin, Gorilla Mux, and gRPC, and more on the way, you can get fine-grained performance metrics from your Golang apps with minimal instrumentation. Start your free trial, install the agent, and get a free t-shirt!
- Brad Fitzpatrick – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Erik St. Martin – Twitter, GitHub
- Carlisia Pinto – Twitter, GitHub
- Brian Ketelsen – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- Go Contribution Guide
- GopherCon 2016 - Lightning Talk: Brad Fitzpatrick
- Grumpy: Go running Python
- proposal: generic programming facilities
- DNS library in Go
- Package mem
Interesting Go Projects and News
- Shoutout to Dave Brophy (author of jennifer and several other cool Go tools) for sending us a shoutout from the French Alps!
- myitcv.io/react - now with more code gen and preact support too! (From Paul Jolly)
- Reddit - Is Go 2 actually happening? If so, when will development start?
Free Software Friday!
Each week on the show we give a shoutout to an open source project or community (or maintainer) that's made an impact in our day to day developer lives.
600 episodes available. A new episode about every day averaging 54 mins duration .