Manage episode 234143663 series 2391718
Last week, the White House announced a ban on US companies doing business with companies deemed a security risk. Over the weekend, Google announces that they must suspend Huawei's access to Android. This episode, Matt and John have a short discussion about what the announcement means for Huawei and what the company may be able to do about it.
Correction: In this episode, John says that "HongMeng OS" could be translated as "Red Dream." This is incorrect. The characters for HongMeng are 鸿蒙 and refers to the Chinese mythology's primal chaos.
- Hongmeng, Huawei’s proprietary OS, incorporates next-generation technology
- Shanghai tech board to push semiconductor independence
- Why Huawei’s ‘wolf culture’ will help telecom titan fight off attacks and thrive
- Halt and Catch Fire (TV series about making an OS)
- Frontline: Trump's Trade War
- Become a member of TechNode Squared
- Get your tickets to the first annual Emerge