Manage episode 235255378 series 1433694
Facial recognition has taken off in China. Perhaps the most widely implemented use case, facial recognition is used to deter jaywalkers, track attention and behavior in schools, catch criminals, monitor live streamers, and more. Unlike Western countries, China's privacy protections laws are almost non-existent, but that is changing with draft legislation soon to be released
- What is China's plan for facial recognition?
- How is facial recognition being used now?
- What are the local attitudes toward the technology?
- Video: Facial recognition is on the rise in China
- Upgraded AI surveillance helps nab student suspected in mother’s murder
- Inside China Tech podcast
- Become a member of TechNode Squared
84 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 53 mins duration .