This series is archived ("HTTP Redirect" status)Please note series archiving is a new, experimental, feature of Player FM with the aim of helping users understand how we fetch series and report on any issues.
Replaced by: Cincinnati Opera Podcast
When? This feed was archived on December 11, 2017 18:12 (). Last successful fetch was on October 19, 2017 11:52 ()
Why? HTTP Redirect status. The feed permanently redirected to another series.
What now? If you were subscribed to this series when it was replaced, you will now be subscribed to the replacement series. This series will no longer be checked for updates. If you believe this to be in error, please check if the publisher's feed link below is valid and contact support to request the feed be restored or if you have any other concerns about this.
Manage episode 181700076 series 1467478
Cincinnati Opera's Harry T. Wilks Artistic Director Evans Mirageas interviews Maestro Louis Langrée of the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra. Maestro Langrée conducts his own orchestra in our 2017 production of La Bohème.
- La Bohème
- “Che gelida manina”
- Arturo Toscanini
- “Sono andate” aria
- Georges Pretre
- Seymon Bychkov and John Eliot Gardiner were two mentors Louis mentioned.
- Glyndeborne Opera
- Mostly Mozart Festival
- Simon Rattle spoke about importance of understanding a community.
- "Musetta’s Waltz" (aka Quando me’n vo’) with its 25 tempo changes
- Maestro Langrée mentions the Bayreuth Festival and sitting in the pit to watch Peter Schneider conduct.
- YouTube link to Kleiber Pavarotti
- Paul Valéry's Cahiers—short notebooks
- Smartphone metronome apps
- Jean Robert de Cavel is a Cincinnati-based chef.
- “Essere non videre” – be yourself
- Helen Merrill
- Bruckner 7 cond
- Miles Davis
- Libretto of La Boheme
4 episodes available. A new episode about every day averaging 63 mins duration .