This series is archived ("Inactive feed" status)Please note series archiving is a new, experimental, feature of Player FM with the aim of helping users understand how we fetch series and report on any issues.
When? This feed was archived on July 27, 2017 12:47 (). Last successful fetch was on June 24, 2017 16:26 ()
Why? Inactive feed status. Our servers were unable to retrieve a valid podcast feed for a sustained period.
What now? You might be able to find a more up-to-date version using the search function. This series will no longer be checked for updates. If you believe this to be in error, please check if the publisher's feed link below is valid and contact support to request the feed be restored or if you have any other concerns about this.
Manage episode 181664037 series 1040280
Cincinnati Opera's Harry T. Wilks Artistic Director Evans Mirageas interviews Maestro Louis Langrée of the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra. Maestro Langrée conducts his own orchestra in our 2017 production of La Bohème.
- La Bohème
- “Che gelida manina”
- Arturo Toscanini
- “Sono andate” aria
- Georges Pretre
- Seymon Bychkov and John Eliot Gardiner were two mentors Louis mentioned.
- Glyndeborne Opera
- Mostly Mozart Festival
- Simon Rattle spoke about importance of understanding a community.
- "Musetta’s Waltz" (aka Quando me’n vo’) with its 25 tempo changes
- Maestro Langrée mentions the Bayreuth Festival and sitting in the pit to watch Peter Schneider conduct.
- YouTube link to Kleiber Pavarotti
- Paul Valéry's Cahiers—short notebooks
- Smartphone metronome apps
- Jean Robert de Cavel is a Cincinnati-based chef.
- “Essere non videre” – be yourself
- Helen Merrill
- Bruckner 7 cond
- Miles Davis
- Libretto of La Boheme
12 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 65 mins duration .