Manage episode 231364682 series 1820390
Nick Jackson is currently a nationally respected motivational speaker who lives on the West Side of Cincinnati.
After a collegiate football career at Mt. St. Joseph Nick has had coaching stops at Norwood and Highlands High School.
His motivational speaking career was kickstarted as he partnered with Cris Collingsworth through an organization called "U-give" which not only coordinated assemblies at schools but also activated tons of service projects.
Also presented a "Ted Talk" for Tedx Cincinnati
Topics and highlights from this episode include:
- The power of a focused life
- "My confidence came from Christ"
- Working towards getting players from 'A' to 'B'..and our 'B' was further than most teams.
- Use Madden Video Game to train kids on their playbook.
- Peer modeling and player-led training weeds out those that are only there for themselves.
- "You can have control or you can growth, you can't have both"
- "One way to take the pressure off of a player is to say, "I trust you."
- We practiced in the end zone because that where we wanted to live as running backs.
- Living out a life of high character will challenge others automatically and raise the level of growth for everyone.
Ways to connect with Nick:
47 episodes available. A new episode about every 22 days .