Manage episode 248048720 series 2392584
Mindy Pankoke, Jeff VandenHoek, and Andrew Mugford
On this SaturdayCast, longtime listeners Mindy, Jeff, and Andrew join Dave to discuss how they’ve worked together to support each other in their leadership development. They share the importance of setting expectations in advance, getting external perspective, and celebrating key milestones.
- Getting people together outside of the organization/industry is helpful for objective perspective.
- “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” -Jim Rohn
- There’s the temptation to think, “What could I possibly offer?” Almost always, each person is able to offer a lot more than they expected.
- Say “thank you” when someone offers something, even if you’re not sure it’s useful.
- It is important to celebrate significant milestones.
- The Coaching Habit* by Michael Bungay Stanier
- These Coaching Questions Get Results, with Michael Bungay Stanier (episode 237)
- How to Create Meaningful Gatherings, with Priya Parker (episode 395)
- How to Make Your Work More Visible, with John Stepper (episode 397)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.