Manage episode 263337134 series 1250448
In this episode, we’re talking about how as an industry, tech should strive for equitable design, and how you can harness your privilege to help create diversity, with Aubrey Blanche, director of global head of equitable design and impact at Culture Amp, and Founder and CEO of The Mathpath. Aubrey talks about how the term “diversity and inclusion” might not be as actionable as you might think, how “culture fit” may not be the thing you actually want, and how we should all be using our individual privileges to help other marginalized groups.
- TwilioQuest (sponsor)
- DevDiscuss (sponsor)
- DevNews (sponsor)
- Linode (sponsor)
- DataStax (sponsor)
- Culture Amp
- The MathPath
- Python (programming language)
- R (programming language)
- Diversity and Inclusion (DNI)
- Atlassian: How to start a learning circle with your colleagues
- Culture fit
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
- Diversity in tech too often means ‘hiring white women.’ We need to move beyond that.
- How white women in tech can harness their privilege to help create diversity
- The Diana Initiative
- Culture Amp: Diversity & Inclusion Survey
- The Memo: What Women of Color Need to Know to Secure a Seat at the Table
Aubrey Blanche is The Mathpath and Director of Equitable Design & Impact at Culture Amp, and startup investor and advisor. In all her work, she partners with organizations to design equitable talent processes and programs, products that create fairness and inclusion, and helps individuals reach their potential as allies to build a better world.