Manage episode 232967819 series 2440919
.NET 5 has been announced and brings a new unified future to the platform. We dig in to Microsoft's plans and speculate about what they might mean for F#.
Plus the value of manual testing, Visual Studio Code Remote, and Conway's Game of Life in Rust.
- Feedback: Testing as a Career
- Feedback: Keeping up with Documentation
- ruby/rdoc — RDoc produces HTML and command-line documentation for Ruby projects.
- Javadoc — Javadoc is a documentation generator created by Sun Microsystems for the Java language for generating API documentation in HTML format from Java source code.
- Literate programming — Literate programming is a programming paradigm introduced by Donald Knuth in which a program is given as an explanation of the program logic in a natural language, such as English, interspersed with snippets of macros and traditional source code, from which a compilable source code can be generated.
- Literate Programming — Writing a literate program is a lot more work than writing a normal program. After all, who ever documents their programs in the first place!? Moreover, who documents them in a pedagogical style that is easy to understand? And finally, who ever provides commentary on the theory and design issues behind the code as they write the documentation?
- JupiterBroadcasting/Talks — Public repository of crew talks, slides, and additional resources.
- Visual Studio Code Remote Development — Visual Studio Code Remote Development allows you to use a container, remote machine, or the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) as a full-featured development environment.
- Remote Development - Visual Studio Marketplace
- Introducing .NET 5 — There will be just one .NET going forward, and you will be able to use it to target Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, Android, tvOS, watchOS and WebAssembly and more.
- The Friday Stream — Our crew from all over the world share stories, make new friends, and give each other a hard time live.
312 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 48 mins duration .