Manage episode 263435685 series 2448293
BLACK LIVES MATTER
JUSTICE FOR TONY MCDADE
JUSTICE FOR MYCHAEL JOHNSON
JUSTICE FOR GEORGE FLOYD
This week, Pearson is joined by Stephen and Ted of Pixel Pushers Union 512, a worker-owned cooperative and game developer of Tonight We Riot.
In this edition of the program, Stephen and Ted chat about what it's like to be an indie developer in a market of triple-AAA game developers, how their cooperative workplace functions, and how they seized the means of video game development. During the show, we also discuss the mechanics and subtext of Tonight We Riot, the future of video games, militarism and colonialism in video game subcultures, and the new possibilities of Means Interactive.
Tonight We Riot is available now on the Nintendo Switch, Steam, GOG, and Itch.io.
Pixel Pushers Union 512 are also graciously giving out free keys for players who can't afford Tonight We Riot, so hit them up if you want a copy but can't purchase one just this second.
- Follow Tonight We Riot on Twitter.
- Follow Pixel Pushers Union 512 on Twitter.
- Support Coffee with Comrades on Patreon, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and visit our website.
- Coffee with Comrades is a proud affiliate of the Channel Zero Network.
- Coffee with Comrades is a proud part of the Rev Left Radio Federation.
- Our logo was designed by Sydney Landis. Support her work, buy some art.
- Intro: "I Ain't Got No Home in this World" by Woody Guthrie
- Interlude: "Tonight We Riot - Theme"
- Outro: "Outsider" by Veil of Maya