Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on February 04, 2022 14:13 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 288436752 series 2864200
To many, getting older means a gradual ease into a more sedentary way of life, simply because you cannot do what you were once able to. But that couldn’t be further from the truth, because our idea of aging is completely wrong. Today we sit with Dr. Vonda Wright to find out why older adults can and should be involved in acts of movement. We begin our conversation with Vonda by hearing about her experiences as an intrapreneur, as she shares anecdotes about working with athletes. She touches on the senior Olympics, and reminds listeners that many of the athletes experience a chronic illness to smaller and larger degrees. She continues by telling us that mobility can replace many of the treatments required by those who suffer from diabetes, hypertension, dementia, depression, and arthritis. Later in the show, we dive into the details of Vonda’s “Facing Your Future” method and learn the F.A.C.E acronym; flexibility, aerobic, carrying, and equilibrium. Following this, we talk to Vonda about the current state of the US health system in the US, as she uncovers its fundamental flaws and gaps, as well as her solution for each. We then turn our attention toward the future and explore what exponential technology has to offer the health care model. For more on why mobility is the key to good health and longevity, be sure to join us today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Introducing today’s special guest, Dr. Vonda Wright.
- We ask Vonda where she gets her incredible work ethic from.
- What it means to be an intrapreneur and what Vonda’s first intrapreneurial venture was.
- Hear about the oldest masters’ athlete that Vonda has worked with.
- Vonda shares her definition of a masters’ athlete.
- Some of the training systems Vonda uses to help her clients enhance their performance.
- What Vonda would change about the current health system in the US.
- Hear about the startling reality of “fresh food deserts.”
- How technology is playing a role in the healthcare model.
- We ask Vonda to tell us about the gaps that exist in the current healthcare model.
- Vonda tells us about her Women's Health Conversations initiative.
- How Azra Raza has been an inspiration to Vonda.
- Find out what’s next for Vonda Wright.
- Hear our top ten takeaways from our chat with Vonda Wright.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: