Manage episode 174535205 series 1026366
This episode is sponsored by Colorist Society International and Mixinglight.com.
Veteran colorist and ICA instructor Warren Eagles joins me on this episode of the Colorist Podcast.
Warren has been coloring for over 26 years. He’s graded a broad spectrum of projects from commercials, drama, and features. He’s best known for his work on Lock, Stock, and 2 Smoking Barrels, and recently has colored two indie features: Blue World Order and Project Eden: Vol 1.
I first came in contact with Warren 10 years ago when he created an FXPHD class for the da Vinci 2K plus. He drew back the curtain to the expensive color grading rooms that were almost impossible to gain access to. Fast forward to today, and Warren is still empowering his students with the knowledge to color through his own endeavor, the International Colorist Academy. Partnering with Kevin Shaw, they created a worldwide training program for colorists, by colorists.
On this podcast, we talk about:
- His start in telecine and how it formed his grading style
- How daVinci systems have changed over the years
- Features that are still lacking from color grading systems
- Doing visual effects work as part of the color grade
- How color grading panels speed up his work
- Impressions of the new Blackmagic Mini and Micro Resolve Panels
- The differences in workflow with commercial, television and feature work
- Keeping your clients happy and the session flowing
- Making and keeping solid connections with DPs
- Why the Colorist Society International is an important part of our community
- His perspective on the reduced price of grading systems and its effect on the post production industry
This episode is sponsored by:
Colorist Society International
For more information on how you can become a member, visit, www.coloristsociety.com.
Use the coupon code josh10 for 15% off your first quarterly term or josh40 for 15% your first annual term.
23 episodes available. A new episode about every 30 days averaging 39 mins duration .