Manage episode 187096590 series 1026366
This episode is sponsored by Colorist Society International and Mixinglight.com.
On this episode of the Colorist Podcast, I continue the conversation with Director, Writer, and Colorist, Alexis Van Hurkman.
In the last episode, I talked with Alexis about how he got his start in post, his experience at Apple, and starting his own boutique grading facility. There was so much great conversation in the podcast that I needed to break it into two separate shows.
In this episode, we dive deeper into the tech side of grading. In the last five years, there’s been dramatic changes in color technology. High Dynamic Range (HDR) is making it’s way into the mainstream, and color managed workflows are improving with each day. And with that “bigger box of crayons,” we have more options when creating looks. The creative and the technical elements in grading are closely linked.
In part two, we discuss:
- The “Color Correction Look Book” and how to create subtle grades
- When to push a look further then your comfort level
- Grading HDR and the “hierarchy of highlights”
- Will HDR change the way that colorists grade
- Using ACES, Resolve Color Management, Truelight and other color management workflows
- The Colorist Society and how it will benefit the community in the future
HDR, Resolve, and Creative Grading by Alexis
This episode is sponsored by:
Colorist Society International
For more information on how you can become a member, visit, www.coloristsociety.com.
Use the coupon code “josh15” for 15% off the first term of any Premium Color library subscription.
23 episodes available. A new episode about every 30 days averaging 39 mins duration .